aka, I was sick and in denial about it so tried to work anyway, which was a flat failure.
I tried to read and failed spectacularly.
I did manage to open nominations and answer a couple questions on Multifandom Drabble, but with 2 exceptions, all the fandom tags were canonical, so it’s not like that was hard.
I ended up watching a couple movies and some TV episodes on Hulu after I finally gave up on being a productive human being. Honestly, I’m still pretty sick. :headdesk:
Hope you’re all feeling better than I am.
I have no idea where I'm going to set up shop or if I'm just going to fix up my WP again (or start a new one) and do that.
Much love and I'll keep working in the time available.
- I will continue to love you all and lurk 90% or more of the time.
- I will finish exchange fics on time.
- I will finish pinch modding the exchange that has reduced my nonwork life to almost nil. fandomgrowth
- I will use whatever spare time I have to continue working on trovia's birthday fic and One Good Storm
Which is to say, we have a huge project and I was a split asset and couldn't really afford to spend only half my time on it, so tried overtime in the middle of being sick and laid up with sciatica. Not fun.
I am no longer going to be a split asset in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm transitioning from half-content optimizer on one site to all IT software quality assurance (SQA) tester. With a raise. :grins:
Very, very happy.
On the writing front, I apparently now have a fairly tried and true method for writing a fic that will not be written. Find a song. Tracing Trouble is now coming along (and it sprawled!* :wails: ) because I accidentally found a song for it. This thing is huge and heartfelt and delves waaay deeper into Cate's psyche than I'd intended, though I always meant it to dig into how she thinks of and processes family, so fun that.
I'm also hipdeep in reading for hiddencait and guys, she is such a good writer. I LOVE this story and whoever wasn't reading for her before obviously doesn't properly appreciate superhuman abilities fiction because this is awesome.
Back off to work. I really should be working and not fangirling today. :rolls eyes at self:
ETA: *Apparently I wrote 2025 words on my tablet yesterday just listening to song, then sketching out scenes and snippeting. Wow.
Title: 128 Stage
Fandom: The Unusuals
Pairing: Beaumont/Walsh, Casey/Davis
Summary: Prostitute/Coffee Shop AU where Walsh offers Casey a cup of coffee and accidentally acquires a barista.
Title: [not sure yet]
Fandom: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Summary: They didn't mean to accidentally acquire a kid, and they certainly didn't mean to end up raising said kid together because they're just friends and everyone's getting the wrong idea.
Title: Tracing Trouble
Fandom: Original (Kingdoms and Thorn)
Pairing: Cate/Marc, Killinger/Hasheni
Summary: Catherine April isn't a military operative anymore. She's a member of the Special Unit, a law enforcement team dedicated to all cases in the city involving those with special abilities. But when a fledgling tracer tests his power over computer systems in the city, it hurts someone she loves and hits too close to home. She may not be an operative anymore, but she's still in the business, and she still knows how to own the game.
I don't know if I like these summaries, but it was required that I write them and the fics aren't done, so I couldn't cheat and pull an excerpt. (I'm good at that. :shakes head at self: )
And then I've got three books to read, which is not a hardship. As far as that goes, I can skip Jane the Virgin, Agents of SHIELD, and Nashville this next week and bank book time.
So that's what's up. I've got to do what I did to clear three weeks for those two original stories last time, get through the next round of deadlines in a hurry, and not let myself get thoroughly distracted by small prompts. Hope y'all's writing is just as fun! (and less hectic)
I won't be signing up for the WIP Big Bang though I really wanted to because I have officially hit overextended and cannot extend more if I know what's good for me. I'm just tired enough right now to enforce that.
Still not doing hot in the throat department (or energy) but I can force myself to function and I can think enough to start creating again. I'm a little behind on that, but there are plans.
So that's the update. Hope you all are doing fabulous. :blows kisses:
The stories are there at the back of my brain, can't even tell you how many, including a plot bunny that attacked this morning, but they aren't happening on paper. I'll try again tomorrow.
Tonight, I have a date with enigma731 after I close out my evening chores to watch Agents of SHIELD and confab.
Then again, I called Dowse and Bleed the story from inferno because even though I knew it inside and out, it fought me tooth and nail. That time the problem was the protagonist being so incredibly recalcitrant. This time, I think it's the subject matter. Or the fact that I tried to start from the beginning instead of the part actually pestering my brainspace. Hm.
And then I got a poem to open up trovia's fic. Funny that. I got a poem to open the Open (pun not intended) and this whole thing wasn't supposed to have poetry, but it does, so there's that.
I signed up for the Once Upon a Fic exchange and the plot bunnies are hopping just from reading the letters. Popcorn muse much?
Then I got a cute little opening to a Bobbi/Clint ficlet, coffeeshop AU. I'll play with it after the polyfic's off my plate.
Hope everyone else's writing is going well. :hugs to y'all:
( Siamese Hearts (lyrics) )
So I'd actually like to set this music and the whole gig too (I did record myself singing it :winces: ), but no time for that right now.
Then there's crossposting. I have my own website off of LJ where I was posting quite well and letting it crosspost here. But I generally don't post all my fandom stuff there and Yuletide hit. I have to rebuild the habit of putting content over there. Whoops. I'll get right on that. Next week. Maybe.
Yesterday, I also fired off a fic by accident. I need to have more of these accidents with fic that's actually on the docket. :headdesk:
Hope everyone's doing fairly well. :hugs and prayers and blessings to all of you:
Small problem. I have a offline personal life deadline of finishing certain household stuff by end of this weekend, with all the usual major stuff I do.
Most other activities have been put on hold, including most writing and some sleep.
See you all on the flip side.
- So I finally capitulated and got the Tumblr app, problem being it's missing a lot of the features I actually use when reblogging and it has the hardest time with the concept of take me to that one post only please. But I'm liking a lot of things again. I just wish it was easier to post and reblog, then I might actually have a blog again.
- Speaking of Tumblr, would anyone like me to crosspost fic links there? I've been terrible at crossposting, largely because I have about 250 fic (mostly comment fic, but not all) to crosspost to AO3 from LJ, probably 400 or so to crosspost from AO3/LJ to FF.net, and we won't discuss what never finished making it over from FF.net to AO3.
- I'll hit my computer this weekend. It's still not re-setup, but oh, well.
- On the health front, I'm feeling not as bad, but I'm really looking forward to feeling good.
- Agent Carter needs better ratings if it's going to get renewed, so I take back everything I said about don't get sucked in if you're writing fic for something else. Go watch it. It's amazing. All four episodes are packed full of possibilities, reveals, characterization, and action. Peggy is a force of nature. Howard is such a Stark. Secondary characters sparkle. The Black Widow program has a precursor like SHIELD has the SSR. It learned from what Agents of SHIELD did both wrong and right and is awesome. Please go watch if you haven't.
- Speaking of Agent Carter, I am so incorporating a certain blonde character into my Leverage/Avengers crossover. Parker just got herself a relative.
- I wrote yesterday but finished nothing.
- Today, I think I'm going to get that Agents of SHIELD fic out of my head so I can write other stuff more comfortably.
- I'm having the hardest time with one of my exchange assignments because we love the same movies and I enjoy writing for the favorite character, but our tastes have barely any overlap beyond fandom/character. I keep looking for another angle into fic for them and they specifically dislike any of the angles that actually make me want to write something. :headdesk:
- Speaking of exchanges, I have to make art for one. Gotta get the computer back up.
- And last but not least, I started rewatching Voyager and promptly added it to my space_swap signup. Forgot how much I loved that show, or at least forgot I had a way to review it before I might need to write for it. I haven't started on geckoholic's rec yet, but I tried Empire and disliked.
My computer hasn't made it into the shop due to financial/weather-related complications and I'm determined that tomorrow, it shall. Wish me blessings if you think of it.
yuletide and comment_fic have changed the way I think of fandom. I just wrote something for Luann (comics). Rarepair and rare fandoms pop up a lot more now.
I did get a day's worth of fills bookmarked for the latter comm, but crossposting was too tedious so I only got three of my own fills onto AO3. 195 to go. :headdesk:
After bouncing my fusion, I've scrapped what I've got and am trying again. I had a Yuletide fic that did this to me, but it came out all right in the end, so I'm hopeful.
Hope you all are doing well!
I'm head-banging on an Avengers/Ella Enchanted fusion due to logistical issues with the genders of the characters and how badly do I want to destroy certain points of either canon to get a result I like and my giftee will probably like. A kindly fellow Avengers writer agreed to bounce it back and forth this weekend and iron out the kinks.
I haven't forgotten the last December fic requests/questions for in_the_blue, lithiumlaughter, and morbane. That's after the fusion.
I signed up for space_swap because I read hiddencait's letter and don't know what's good for me. At all. (Eh. The word count and assignment due [months out] is totally doable. I don't know why I think I'm crazy.)
I'm scrounging around on my work computer to see if I can find a decent backup of what I got going on my home computer (that's out of commission) for my remix/WIP project I'd originally intended to do between Yuletide and the end of my Christmas vacation. So far, no dice. The recipient said she's okay with me waiting until my computer's back from the shop, but I feel guilty. :hangs head:
trovia's belated birthday present got rolled into a previously owed story and is going to be epically longer and more involved than I'd originally planned. Nevertheless, methinks she'll like it. in_the_blue may be less thrilled when said epic lands on her inbox doorstep for a beta, but that's at least a couple weeks away. At least.
After all that, I'd like to get back to normal and update things like "Call Me Phil" and "Son o' de Guild" and get back to writing more original fic. I've started writing poetry daily again and will try to start squeezing in original drabbles.
I'm way behind on bookmarking and crossposting for comment_fic, but I did crosspost a handful today, so yay that.
Love you all! Hope 2015 has been lovely thus far!
Sometime this month, I intend to finish my last two December fics and tigriswolf's Ella Enchanted AU (on today's docket) and a certain remix/WIP bang (collab). They all got put off in light of the spectacular, ill-timed crash + Yuletide (in the case of the first missed December fic).
For health reasons, I'm dropping the NanoWrimo deadline for myself, though I still have various Christmas scribblings I intend to do and the book is still on my plate.
Lisea has surprised me. I keep trying to talk her out of where she just went, but she's going there with or without me, so I finally decided to just let her go and hang on for the ride. My girls are talking to me, and that excites me.
Additionally, I've finally gotten my first December fic figured out, if not written quite yet, and I have done some drabble treats for Yuletide. I'd like to triple the count I have, but we'll see. Assignments should come first. But I love drabbling and comment-ficcing or I wouldn't hang out at the LiveJournal Comment Fic Community so much, so... :shrugs: I'll always snuggle tiny fics between the cracks I think.
I will still track the November novel's numbers on Nano until end of November, just to see what happens.
Today, I have some reviews to catch up on and Lisea to follow. Happy writing!