Sorry for the sudden influx of posts. Moving back from Imzy and trying to get back on the daily poem thing has been unexpectedly post-full.
This weekend, I’m going to curl up with a good book and also go through a work-related test output file to document everything wrong with this set of resources. We call this work life balance.
So I ran or helped mod the following comms on Imzy:
- All the Poetry: https://www.imzy.com/allthepoetry
- Conlang: https://www.imzy.com/conlang
- Microfic: https://www.imzy.com/microfic
I will be moving prompt posts over to this blog in particular at http://log.lianamir.com/. Writing sprints while I may run, it will end up more a personal schedule. The sites I still live on all have writing sites that serve Microfic’s primary functions, just without word count limitations.
I’ll try and get a WordPress comm for Conlang up this weekend.
My postcards went off in the mail on Monday. Here's hoping they reach you by Christmas! I probably will not reappear until after the holidays with the exception of a handful of Yuletide comments or reading. Love and blessings to you all!
But that doesn't mean no books! Last year, I created books to send to interested parties, and I'd like to get a better head start on my Christmas presents this year.
If you'd like either a Christmas card/postcard or a book (poetry or fiction or both) or both, please let me know in the comments with your address! Comments are screened.
- I've been a little on the too busy side, what with Christmas presents and work and generally catching up post-sciatica. But I'm busy! I'm writing! I'm doing an encouragement read! I live!
- I'm trying a new little thing called Habitica. We'll see whether it helps me get things done or not, but it's worth a shot.
- I get the day before and after Thanksgiving off of work and I'm going to learn how to make biscuits on Wednesday from my grandmother. Excited and very nervous.
- Wow. Inventorying my material has made me aware of how MUCH fiction I still want to pursue and wouldn't have time to get through if I was devoted to it nonstop. The ideas just keep churning, don't they?
- I hope all of you are well. Sorry for any lurking. I love every single one of you and am now getting back on the general being with it pony.
writing my YT letter signing up for Divergent Fest and Holly Poly (because if I can't write 1K of these particular OT3s in no time flat, I don't deserve the label fanficcer)letters not done
- writing ANY of my FGE fics (ugh, bad timing sciatica, all last month)
promoting Divergent Fest in the hopes it doesn't fall back to post-Yuletide
I've finished a decent draft of chapter two out of three, and now just have roughly 5K more to do on the last chapter to make everything to come together in a satisfying way before end of Friday so I can post before end of Sunday and there's actually no time for a real beta.
:tries not to hyperventilate:
As you were, and may your writing be less down-to-the-minute than mine.
- The Bourne Identity
- The Bourne Supremacy
- The Bourne Ultimatum
- The Bourne Legacy
- Season finale of Agents of SHIELD
- Good Will Hunting
- Most of Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
I am full up of commentary about 5 and 7-10. Will chat them up next week after my bang is in and my reading is out.
- Transition (MI4, Will/Jane): Somehow this bang fic became animal transformations, Jane gets her own team, and babyfic all in one. Plus accidental, slow build relationship because she ends up helping Will raise his acquired kid. Sequel to a Yuletide fic and I'm seriously glad the artist likes this because it's so tropey, I wonder if anyone will ever read it.
- 128 Stage (The Unusuals, Beaumont/Walsh + Casey/Davis with an emphasis on the Walsh + Casey): AU in that Casey starts out as actual hooker (not pretending to be one) and he's actual diner owner (not diner resident/cop) and he accidentally acquires a barista while the two of them deal with relationships and life kind of thing. I wrote a prequelish to it for shipswap.
- Tracing Trouble (Kingdoms and Thorn, Cate/Marc + Killinger/Hasheni): This one boils down to, don't mess with Cate's family, but a lot of other stuff going on under the surface as she tenatively moves forward with trusting Marc more, and the whole mess of Thorn's underhanded way of getting a toehold in the kingdoms gets explored a lot more.
And not due but halfway written anyway...
- Tying the Knot (Hawkeye, Clint/Kate + Natasha): So Kate goes to Natasha to learn how to tie Clint up. Sequel to the five times experimentation fic where it was really, really clear that Clint liked bondage.
- Not Memory (or Along Came a Spider) (Leverage/MCU, Parker + Natasha): Parker's side of the meeting Natasha again in my Red Room crossover, wherein I also decided Parker and Dottie were related.
- Awesome exchange fic for mcu_aufest I can't talk about but is sooo much fun.
- Exchange fic for jukebox_fest that has me kind of freaking out about it. Am I biting off waaay more than I can chew? Due very shortly after return from camp, so high priority to get done.
- Robbing the Cradle (616, Natasha/Kate/Clint): because in 616, she really was a bit of a cradle-robber with Clint and he was Kate's age when he got started and she fell for him and then here comes Kate and she's that age now and they are soooo alike and I can see the attraction and because "The Art of Human Relations" was fun to write and I blame this totally on you, findthesea!
And then there are my other two original projects, one with a headspace that promises productivity when I can attend to it and one without.
Ah well. I just needed to get this list off my chest.
Title: 128 Stage
Fandom: The Unusuals
Pairing: Beaumont/Walsh, Casey/Davis
Summary: Prostitute/Coffee Shop AU where Walsh offers Casey a cup of coffee and accidentally acquires a barista.
Title: [not sure yet]
Fandom: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Summary: They didn't mean to accidentally acquire a kid, and they certainly didn't mean to end up raising said kid together because they're just friends and everyone's getting the wrong idea.
Title: Tracing Trouble
Fandom: Original (Kingdoms and Thorn)
Pairing: Cate/Marc, Killinger/Hasheni
Summary: Catherine April isn't a military operative anymore. She's a member of the Special Unit, a law enforcement team dedicated to all cases in the city involving those with special abilities. But when a fledgling tracer tests his power over computer systems in the city, it hurts someone she loves and hits too close to home. She may not be an operative anymore, but she's still in the business, and she still knows how to own the game.
I don't know if I like these summaries, but it was required that I write them and the fics aren't done, so I couldn't cheat and pull an excerpt. (I'm good at that. :shakes head at self: )
And then I've got three books to read, which is not a hardship. As far as that goes, I can skip Jane the Virgin, Agents of SHIELD, and Nashville this next week and bank book time.
So that's what's up. I've got to do what I did to clear three weeks for those two original stories last time, get through the next round of deadlines in a hurry, and not let myself get thoroughly distracted by small prompts. Hope y'all's writing is just as fun! (and less hectic)
Now, to do:
- I have 44 emails in my Do Now folder, including notifications for posts I need to read, comments I need to reply to, etc.
I need to finish my ficmountain sign up. I need to finish my npt_admin nominations, which is perfect for not quite rare TV shows like Agents of SHIELD and getting Bobbi and Mack on a writing docket.
- And then jukebox_fest sign ups have opened, I believe.
- Before those though, I have a beta to finish up and a story to write for space_swap.
- My other two fics will obviously have to wait for tomorrow. :deep sigh:
What I'd like to do today/over the next few days:
- Prettify my docket
- Write A Game for the Gods
- Sketch out One Good Storm, remixed
- Beta a fic for a close fandom friend
- Bookmark a bunch of 2009 fills on comment_fic
Hope y'all have an awesome weekend!
My goal for the year is about 500K and that will take me to about 300K.
Honestly, I'm pleased that I'm that high without the success and time I want to put toward all of this (we won't discuss the mitigating factors just now), but I really want to write a lot more and want to get some headway on my original fiction projects and quit having so much trouble when I'm trying to write anything by times and heading off for easy flash fic instead. I want to write my big pieces.
That said, I am trying to learn techniques from the pieces I'm working on now. I've raised my general word count by a few thousand words, so hopefully after this, I can apply those lessons to my two big pieces, then maybe get on to the whopping backload of WIP original stories I keep itching to run off and finish.
Hope you're doing well with your writing goals!
- The house thing is finally done.
- My computer files are finally getting back into order.
- I am ready to canon review for my two original fiction projects and dive in.
- I've already finished more than 15K words this month, and that makes me very happy. Now, if I can only shape up some original stuff into acceptable collection/larger projects.
- I have three open assignments and a pinch hit to write, but I'm way ahead of deadline on that. I also 6 fics written and posted to their appropriate collections that are not yet revealed.
- If there is anything that can teach someone to write to a deadline and finish things if that someone does not have the inherent knack for it, it's gift exchanges. I highly recommend them.
- Total word count for the year of completed fic is 9 words shy of 40K.